Saturday, March 8, 2008

Kids gotta find something to do!!

Well, today we traveled up to Boulder for Kristen's high school soccer game. They won, yeah!! She is a force to be reckoned with on the field! I have been trying to think of what to share with other parents whom have kid's in high school. My best advice after going through it with 2 children is that kid's do best when they are involved with something they love outside of their academics.
My oldest danced all through high school and my youngest is a soccer player. Both the girls have been captains on their teams and have learned great leadership skills. I strongly believe that high schooler's need to get involved with sports, theater, music or student government. The lessons learned and the extra-curricular activity broadens their circle of influence, teaches them to work together and fills in some of the extra time after school.
It seems that when a high school student has alot of free time, they can tend (not always, however) to get into trouble. This is just my opinion but I personally believe they gotta find something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True dat momma! =D. I too, am one of this amazing lady's daughters and proud of it! My mom has been through so much, as I am sure many of her readers have too!! I'm so glad my mom has found a way to inform others that life is a process in which we must take one step at a time and with a little encouragement or advice, there is no end to your abilities. My mom is one of the most influencial people I know. She can relate to a ton of things so please, listen to her words and feel free to leave some comments! ;D I am so proud of you mommy and I love you so much! Keep up the good work!
Love, Kristen Seaber