Monday, March 17, 2008

Loving Mother's

I love this Jewish Proverb.."God could not be everywhere, so He created mother's". My heart is heavy with 2 opposite emotions today, one of sorrow and one of great joy. My feeling of sorrow is due to the fact that 2 of my friends are dealing with losing their moms. Kelli's mother recently passed away from cancer. Her memorial service was the most beautiful, Christ-centered service I have ever attended and because she knew that she was dying, she planned every detail. My dear friend, Karen is going through the last weeks of her beloved mother's life. The evil cancer is taking her too! I have known Karen's Mom, Elvira, for a long time and she is a gentle, loving, Christian woman. Both these remarkable women will be missed dearly! I feel joy and overwelming gratefulness for the gift of my own mother, Deri. She is and has always been one of my best friends and now that we share so many common health issues, we are each other's greatest support system's. I cannot imagine losing her, but as I get older I realize that death is something that must be accepted. Being a mother is the GREATEST GIFT that God has ever bestowed upon me and I treasure my own children. It will be a joyous day when they each have their own children and I become a grandmother! For now, I just need to treasure my my own mom. P.S. to all my reader's, call your mom or if she is no longer here, then call someone who is like a mother to you and tell them you love them!

No comments: