Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sometimes the sadness hits me......Diabetic sadness

I am pretty much always in a good mood. The glass is almost always half full, but sometimes, I feel sad. It seems that when my blood sugar is too high or too low, this wave will hit me and it reminds me that this disease is ALWAYS on my mind. I try not to let it show and I am surrounded with family and friends who are supportive and loving. There was one night where I believe God saved me from a extremely dangerous low of 21. My gaurdian angel woke me up 1/2 hour after falling asleep and I was lucid enough to know that something was very wrong. That night changed my outlook on everything in my life! I really value everyday and I do not ever take anything for granted.
I've learned that this life is a true gift from God and that we MUST take care of ourselves so that we can serve our purpose here on earth. Now, go and enjoy your day, smile at everyone you come in contact with, hug your kids and be grateful for today!! Love, Robin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are two facts of life that remind me that I’m getting older;one was the day when I no longer received “wolf whistles”,and the other was and is when I learned wonderful facts and insights from my children. All of my adult life I’ve known that our lives are full of choices,and that attitude is the most important choice of all. Circumstances and genetics sometimes throw up real challenges as you well know..learn as much as you can about what you’re faced with,and never be embarrassed to educate the public!! You are so good at this,Sweetheart,and have given me courage so many times.As we both know,LAUGHTER is the best medicine ALWAYS. Love you, Mom (Type 1 Diabetic)