Sunday, March 2, 2008

What a "girlie" weekend !

Sometimes I miss my college days back in the early 80's when I was a sorority girl. I just got back from spending the weekend in Boulder with Lauren and her sorority. It was a Mother/Daughter weekend full of fun events to help the mom's and daughter's get to know each other better. Every night we had dinner together and we even hung out with one of the fraternities. They invited us to come play "beer pong"! Okay, yes I am a Christian, but I gotta tell you people watching at a frat house is really fun!
Lauren and I LOVED spending the weekend together and I left her at her dorm with feelings of complete peace. Her sorority sister's are all very classy, wholesome girls. We met alot of people and spent time in conversations with others trying to find things we have in common. This comes very easy for my daughter and I but I noticed a mom/daughter pair at breakfast this morning sitting by themselves. I should have made an attempt to invite them to our table and help them connect. Instead, I felt a little selfish and did not. I smiled politely and went on enjoying my meal with the other women that were as outgoing as me. That was selfish of me. Today I've learned that sometimes we all need to make the attempt to include other's in our "circle" even when it is so much easier not to.

No comments: