Tuesday, March 11, 2008

MOPS is a real BLESSING to me.....

When I was a young mother of 2 and raising my kids in California, I was a member of MOPS (Mother's of Presschoolers). MOPS International exists to gather women together in a caring atomsphere. Every week we would meet at church and I would willingly hand over the girls to a childcare worker. With a big smile I'd rush off to our MOPS room where we would enjoy a wide variety of speaker's and crafts. It was a time to share my cares and concerns with other mommies. It was also a time to "escape" and to fellowship with other young moms.
Now that my kids are older I am a MOPS Mentor which means that I am there to foster relationships, encourage and to tell these young moms......"This Too Shall Pass!!" I LOVE being a mentor and these wonderful women have become like my adopted daughter's. As one of the speaker's I try to give them real life advice from real life experiences.
It is truly a BLESSING for me to be a MOPS Mentor and I thank each one of them for allowing me to be part of their lives! Love ya, Robin

No comments: